Tuesday, September 23, 2014

...on cat ownership

I figured might as well reboot this blog when I got something new to talk about. Maybe updates will last more than a month, we'll see. It probably won't be just about the cat.

This reminds me of a story with my first boyfriend in high school. I guess I used to talk about my dog a damn lot. We were hanging out with him and his friend and the two of them talked the entire time about McDonald's where they both worked at. At some point, tired of being left out I said, hey can we talk about something other than McDonald's? To which he snickered and said "Like what? Your dog?" And laughed with his friend. If it had happened today they would probably have high-fived and called each other bro. Ugh. Hate teenagers.

That being said this is my blog so if cat does funny shit, cat gets words.

Purrl is a lady cat that was in a corner box on top right at an adopt-a-thon. She is black and senior so that's two strikes against her in the odds of being adopted. I am not sure if the shelter named her but "Alana" is a stupid name. Why not Mildred or Geraldine, too? stupid humans.

In the span of her first week around, she managed to poop outside the litter box, hide so well for so long I thought she had ran off, eat peace lily leaves that are toxic to her and become sick. If these episodes taught me anything, is that I'm a worried pet-parent. Vet is commending me so much for bringing her in that I suspect not very many people usually do...

But look at her! So damn adorable. Get better soon Purrlie



3 comments:

  1. In this thread, we suggest names for your future cats (for when you become the crazy cat lady). I'll start.

    Cat-Ass-Trophy
    Meow Tse Tung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laffed at cat-ass-trophy:


      The Furrher
      Puss-or-Minus
      Sir Purrlington

      Delete
  2. Catsby (can be great or not...)
    Harry Pawter....

    ReplyDelete